Monday, August 30, 2010

Keeping busy

So we're in full swing of school and sports. During the days Noah and I have been keeping busy with housework, organizing, and working on keeping toys put away when they are not in use. That has been a challenge . . .

One day last week I pulled every toy out of Noah's closet, and that's a lot of toys!  I went to town organizing every single last toy.  I know it's unrealistic to expect that legos will stay in the legos bin, animals will stay in the animals bin, and cars will stay in the cars bin . . . so on-and-so forth.  But it's the way my mind processes things easiest, it's the way I imagine my kids finding what they'd like to play with.  So that's how I organize and clean their rooms.  Needless to say, it never stays this way.  But it's theraputic for me to go through all the toys and create order and function, even if it only last a week or so.



These playmobile toys were Nicholas' and I have kept them put away up until now.  It definitely kept Noah busy while I was getting his room cleaned and organized. 





And so that's what we've been up to; Noah and I.  Cleaning and organizing.  Noah is still being challenged everyday with picking up his toys and putting them away.  My expectations for him are to put them away.  In the blue baskets . . . and that is a task to get done!  We're working on it.

I spray painted a bit during all this and I just need to snap photos of the after.  They'll be posted soon!

Happy Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment