Friday, October 16, 2009

october updates

i failed at the photo a day thing, so i suppose that just means that i will probably not do too well on doing it for a year. it doesn't mean that i haven't taken pictures - because i have i've taken alot - i just don't seem to be consistent. one day i'll take none, and the next i'll take like 20. hmmm...

i'm up early for the first time in over a week. i've been sleeping in and getting up when the kids got up. i don't like that - i like my quiet time, time to drink my coffee and prepare for my day. but yesterday jay and i went for a short run and i've noticed that when i go running, the next day i'm more energized and alert to waking up and starting early. i love it.

i am reading this book "The Power of Praying" by Stormie Omartian. i've had this book for years sitting on my bookshelf but recently i have taken it off my shelf and have been skimming through it. there is is this one line from the book . . . "lead me to all that You have for me." and i have included this in my daily prayers because i am learning to have faith in God's plan for me, even if it isn't what i have had planned for myself. i am learning to trust Him and learning to let Him guide me to live the life He has planned for me. because He is my Father and i know that He has so much to give me and offer me - i have to be willing to accept it into my life.

we enjoyed the pumpkin patch this past weekend. it was sweltering hot . . . like 90 degree weather. when we got back to my mom's house we looked more like we got back from the beach than the pumpkin patch :) good times though, good times!

well here are some recent pictures of the last few days :)


me trying to get a hug from my big boy nicholas :0


classic bates nut farm photo. so fun to share this day with family!


the gang that joined us at bates nut farm, minus jay, he's the cameraman!


the charfauros family pumpkin - a 70lb pumpkin. can't wait to carve it!


nicholas & his godsister aaliyah. love watching these two grow up together!


noah enjoying the pumpkins ;)


getting ready to enjoy the pumpkin patch!


nicholas & jay on their way out to baseball practice and enjoy some father/son time.


a tradition in our home, dad brings home donuts on the weekend he is off. the boys love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment