Thursday, April 15, 2010

From baseball to laundry to pedicures . . . it's all pretty random!

There's hasn't really been much to write about.  We've been busy with the same things, baseball, homework, cooking meals, and household chores.  The mundane has taken over and we've been in the full swing of things.  Today . . .today we don't have baseball and the air feels a little empty.  As if we're missing something.  I, so, enjoy the activites that fill our days; it fills me up and makes me happy! 

Oh!  Yesterday . . . I splurged!  I treated myself to a pedicure.  A spa pedicure!  It felt so nice.  It felt wonderful to sit in the massage chair and have my busy little feet pampered.  It's been a LONG WHILE since I've done that.  I sat and looked at the paintings on the walls, closed my eyes and listened to the happy, upbeat music, and I even read a bit too!  It was lovely.  After it was all said and done, from my toes to my spirits . . . I felt renewed and refreshed!   Althoug this morning, this morning I felt a little different; before I got out of bed I laid there calculating all the snacks and groceries I could have bought had I not splurged on a spa pedicure.  Hmmm . . . now I'm not going to beat myself up about it, but I highly doubt I will get another pedicure for a LONG WHILE.  It just doesn't feel right, I never fully enjoy it because the practical person in me never allows me to enjoy guilty pleasures.  I have 2 growing boys for goodness sakes their needs are much more important than my guilty unnecessary pleasures.  But I will admit . . .my feet felt like buttery velvet yesterday!  :0)

Happy Blessed Thursday!

No comments:

Post a Comment