Friday, June 11, 2010

5th Grade Promotion

Yesterday Nicholas had his 5th grade promotion ceremony.  I would be lying if I didn't say that I was emotional throughout the ceremony.  It really does seem like yesterday that we were walking him to his kindergarten classroom.  Now . . . in just a couple of months he'll be walking through the doors of middle school and on to a whole new experiene in every facet of his maturing life. 

Nicholas has been a great student throughout elementary school.  This is not to say that he wasn't vocal about the things he disliked doing, such as,  homework  reading, writing book reports, and being more descriptive in his writing.  Little does he know that there is so much more of that to come!!!  But Nicholas has always been a rule follower, always good at doing what he is told and what he knows is the right thing to do.  He may question it, but he never disregards it.  For that I am proud and I will continue to pray that he builds his character on those very same things. 

Here are some pictures of his "big day!"


Congratulations to all the 5th Grade Pilots!

Receiving his 5th Grade Promotion Certificate

Congratulating his brother!

Proud Dad & Brother!


Our Boys Nicholas & Noah

Nicholas being a sport about me taking pictures (I think I have one like this when he was in kindergarten)

Proud of Our Boy!  He has worked hard in school and even maintaining his Honor Roll Student status his entire 4th and 5th grade year!  Awesome!  By the way, Noah is far from sleeping in this photo - he's just being a silly boy!

No comments:

Post a Comment