Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Mind, Body, & Spirit

For the past week I have been in such a slump; in mind, body, and spirit. I have been distracted, unmotivated, and utterly grouchy all of last week and probably even longer. My family will concur with that! It's such a yucky feeling to be in a slump and after this past Saturday, I over-lectured Nicholas, snapped at Jay when he was trying to please me, and poor Noah has had to witness his mommy in a "not-so-good" light. I knew that I needed to get myself to a better and happier place.

After reflecting on what makes me feel good I decided that Monday changes were going to be made. It simply needed to be done! This is in no particular order, rather they all work together to make me a better wife, mommy, and overall person!

I decided to go back on weight watchers. More for being conscious of what and how I eat; but losing a few pounds wouldn't be so bad either! :0)

This isn't something I'm just now implementing into my weekly schedule.  I have been going to church every Sunday for months now.  It's special to me and it's something I need in my life always!  I look forward to attending church every Sunday and no matter what worries or troubles I have weighted on me when I walk into church, God makes it less of a load on my heart and in my head. 

I haven't been out to exercise in, okay I'll be honeset here, months!  Months!  That sounds so long and it has been - way too long.  I need to get out there and move.  This is so important, for not only my body but for my mind and spirit too.  There is just something about running that clears my head and helps to put things back into perspective when life just gets hectic!

I love taking pictures!  It makes me happy.  This is a hobby that really does fill me up with goodness!  This photo was taken this past Sunday at church . . . isn't Noah the cutest 3 year old!  I think so (wink, wink)!  For awhile I abandoned my camera, I'm not sure why.  But I'm definitely looking forward to making photography and picture taking a priority again!

I think we are all in charge and responsible for making ourselves happy.  It's so important to not rely on others and what they can do or give you to fill you up with happiness.  Yesterday was day 1 of taking charge and I feel good!  I feel better and I did that all by myself by making changes in my day-to-day life.

Here's to a better day ahead for each of you!

No comments:

Post a Comment