Thursday, May 19, 2011

Homemade Chocolate Chip Cookies

The May-Grey that's been going on here has been awful.  Noah and I decided to bake some chocolate chip cookies the other day.  I love baking with him; I love the smile and happiness on his face when he gets to help mama out.  Sure it gets messy . . . But I'm so over keeping everything all clean and tidy.  Right now it's all about hanging with my lil' guy having some yummy fun in the kitchen.

I've been using this chocolate chip cookie recipe for years now!  I like to try different ones, but I always come back to this particular recipe.  It never disappoints.  It's loaded with chocolate chips, it's fluffy, and it's sweet enough to put a smile on anyones face.  I wish I could say that I created this recipe all on my own . . . It's from a cookie recipe book that was given to me years and years ago . . . When Nicholas was still a sweet-smelling toddler :0)  I have since renamed this cookie recipe as Auntie Mis' Chocolate Chip Cookies.  Every time I make these cookies I think of my 3 handsome nephews, Vincent Jr., SJ, and KJ.  They never fail to tell me or show me, by the grins on their faces, how much they love and appreciate the sweet treats I bring along with me to our family gatherings.  That is the beauty of homemade chocolate chip cookies . . .

Auntie Mis' Chocolate Chip Cookies
2 1/2 cups of flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
2 sticks of butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. real vanilla extract
2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Mix butter and sugar together until completely blended.  Add eggs and vanilla extract.  Add dry ingredients a little at a time.  Mix well.  Add chocolate chips and mix.  Bake for 20 minutes in a 300 degree oven. 

* I have found that these cookies bake well if they have been refrigerated overnight.  Hope you enjoy this cookie recipe!

Of course I had to include a few pictures . . . Of the cookies and my assistant!

Fluffy and Loaded with Chocolate Chips :0)

A perfect after school snack. 

Assistant Chef . . . Or taste tester.  Wherever he's needed :0)

Delicious!

5 comments:

  1. I'm imaging the the sense of SMELL right now, sniffing mmmm...the sense of TASTE, yummy in my tummy!!! Noah is such a cutie, would love to give him a big hug this moment!!! I love & miss you all!! Hello to family in Cali from us here in Texas. Love, Auntie Kathy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love n miss you guys!!! those cookies look YUUUUMMMMEEEEE!!! sooooo, im gonna try it... cause if there is one thing i can never get quite right... it's chocolate chip cookies.. and it hurts my heart that I can't make them perfect! hahahah so i'm gonna try your recipe and see. love and miss u sooo much sis. love always.... your fave!!!! =P jk..... no i'm not....
    Fran Q! hugz n love!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very interesting , good job and thanks for sharing such a good blog, for know more related to hp printer setup hp printer setup

    ReplyDelete