Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Now this is summer . . .

Last Friday we packed our things and went to spend the weekend in Oceanside; at my mom's house. We had no real concrete plans, but to spend time with family. And it was so nice! Friday night, at the last minute, we decided to go play Bingo at a local hall near my mom's house.  It was fun hanging out with my mom, my mother in-law, cousin, and auntie and uncle. No luck for me though; still it was fun!

Saturday we went to the San Diego swapmeet. It's been such a long time since we've been there. We didn't buy a whole lot, but Nicholas did score some great finds. He found a wooden bat and a Mizuno catcher's glove for a total of $10! Of course they're used, but at least they're broken in. He was so happy!

Noah had fun just looking at all the toys and other interesting things that you can find at the swapmeet. Here are some pictures of this particuarly outing.

Mexican Candy at one of the local booths.  We love this stuff and walked  away with quite a bit!

I love the colors.  So bright & fun!

Noah getting some paint work done . . . he chose a turtle!

Cool Rider!  And no we didn't buy it, it was just fun to take pitures!

Yummy Mango.  But walked away with none.  I was just inspired by the yumminess of it all!

Hello fishy's!

Ahhh . . . My Angels fan! 

Bargaining for the wooden bat.  Scored it for $6!  Thanks to my mom!  Look at all that stuff in the background. Truly a modge podge of things.

*All photos taken with my mobile phone camera.  So, not the greatest quality, but good enough!

My next post I'll post pictures of our outing to visit my dad. 

Now this is summer . . . And yet I still find myself wishing we were playing baseball. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mistylori,
    Sounds like you all are doing great and enjoying the summer!!!! It's been quite a summer with us here in TEXAS. The weather has been odd this year but still it's HOT & HUMID. Enjoyed having Auntie June here for awhile. I'm trying to do some home projects but there's so much I want to do that I don't know where to start :) Slip covers for the couch & two chairs in living room and there's my master bedroom. I want to sew my own slip covers & paint the headboard & footboard I found on Craigslist. It's nice to see pictures of your outing at the swap meet!!!!
    Love you all, Auntie Kathy :)

    ReplyDelete