Friday, October 1, 2010

Happy October!

It's October 1st!  It hardly feels that way; we have been experiencing some pretty warm weather these last couple of days.  The days have been so. very. hot. but the nights have been amazing.  The evenings feel like sweet summer evenings.  It's nice, but it hardly matches the fall decor going on in my house.

This morning I started on my lists.  My to-do list for the month of October, and my Christmas buying & idea list!  It seems a bit early for a Christmas lists but every year I try and be ahead of the game.  Somehow, though I am still out & about the week of Christmas trying to buy last minute gifts.  This year I really want to avoid that.  So I am starting early on my lists!

Although it's the beginning of the month, it is still the end of the week.  So I'd like to share a few cool sites I have come across.

Still Tasty found this site in a magazine I checked out from the library.  I am always worried about how long to keep food in the refridgerator, or how long food is good for.  Some things I learned from this site:  milk will last up to 5 days past the date on carton so long as it's refridgerated properly.  Another good one, eggs stored on the shelves (not the shelves on the door ) in your refridgerator are good for 3 to 4 weeks. 

The Crafting Chicks discovered this site and love all the fun fall/Halloween decor ideas!

Kara Layne Photography and Design this isn't a new site I have discovered.  Whenever I visit Kara's site I always feel refreshed.  I particularily like her Happiness is . . . posts. 

And there you have it.  A few sites that I will add to my list of places I visit on the web. 

Happy Friday!  Happy October!

No comments:

Post a Comment