Monday, January 3, 2011

Happy New Year!

A New Year . . . Welcome 2011! 

If you know me, then you know that I love beginnings.  I love the possibilities, I love the clean slate, a fresh start!  A New Year is all of that to me.  I love it!  Needless to say, I am excited about this New Year 2011!

I enjoy making a resolutions list, a plan of how I can be successful in resolving specific areas in my life.  Last week I spent some time thinking of the things I'd like to resolve this year; both big and small things in my life.

Interested . . . read on!

{2011 Resolutions}

Devote some time, each day, in prayer.
I get up every morning early, before the rest of my family wakes up.  I'd like to spend some of this time in prayer.

Be physically active, at least 4 times a week
Last week, while shopping for running shoes, I overheard this lady talking.  She is a devoted runner, an athlete at best.  She said she gets up every morning at 3:30 am to go running.  Every morning she runs 8 miles.  On the weekends she runs 10 or 13 miles!  She said that someone once asked her, "How can you do that."  She replied, "How can you not?  How can you not?  How can you not give to yourself each day before you give to others.  It just makes you better at giving to others."  That has stuck in my mind since . . .How can you not?  So, even if it's a brisk walk, and not a run.  I want to be out there on the pavement at least 4 times a week, giving something to myself.

Manage my time better
I'm guilty of being a procrastinator.  I wait, and wait until the last minute to do things.  I do this in almost every area of my life.  It's one thing I dislike the most about myself.  Every year this is always on my list.  I never really have a concrete plan, as to how I will be successful in achieving this.  This year is different.  I plan on making a list of to-do's (and they have to be realistic/achievable to-do's).  I will create a list for the week and then another for the day.  I will break my tasks up so I'm not overwhelmed in completing what needs to get done.

Read more . . .with my kids too!
I didn't read as much last year.  I bought books and wasn't really intrigued and then gave them up.  I'd like to read much more this year and I'd like to utilize the library to do this.  That way I don't feel so guilty if I'm not enjoying the book so much and select a different one.

The advent Christmas book countdown was such a big hit with Noah.  We all enjoyed that time together in the evening when we devoted ourselves to snuggling in bed with a book.  I need to make that a priority and part of our bedtime routine.

Do something crafty/creative/artistic once or even twice a month
I'd like to try my hand at a few fun projects that I've read about on the blogosphere.  Whether it be floral arranging, a scrapbook layout, photo editing, or even a new recipie, I want to try something new! 

Be more colorful
Ahhh. . . this sounds cheesy I guess.  But this one pertains to my wardrobe.  I am such a bland dresser.  My favorite color is gray.  I know, I know BORING!  So I really want jazz things up.  Step out of my element and be more colorful.  

I have read and heard numerous times that it's just as important to write down your plan at attaining your resolutions for the New Year.  So there you have it.  My resolutions for 2011.  Now I'm really going to be held accountable :0)

Cheers to a Wonderful and Prosperous  New Year 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment